The Standard First Aid Course is designed for those who want to be a CERTIFIED First Aider. The Standard First Aid Course is designed for the trainee to be able to recognise and manage both Medical and Trauma Emergency. In SMCT, the Standard First Aid Course uses a wide range of teaching tools which combines Lectures, Video and Hands on Practical so as to equip the future first aider to be able to handle the common emergency while waiting for the arrival of the ambulance.
- Principles and Practice of First Aid
- Introduction to Emergency Action Plan
- Introduction and Management of Respiratory Emergency and causes of breathing difficulty including choking
- Introduction and Management of Cardiovascular Emergency
- Wound Management and arrest of Haemorrhage
- Introduction and Management of Neurological Emergency
- Introduction and Management of Sport Injury and Soft Tissue Injury (Fractures)
- Introduction and Management of Environmental Emergency
- Performing Quality Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) with the use of Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
3 Days X 8 Hours
At the end of the Course, Participants are required to undergo a theory and practical test. Upon completion, a certificate, valid for two (2) years, will be issued to the Participants.
For the members of the public who are interested to be a Certified First Aider.
$110.00 per participant